smart music instructions
1. Pay $50 school fee for band.
2. Go to smartmusic.com and click on “My Account” in the upper right hand corner.
3. On the left side of the page, click “Create a New Account.”
4. Students younger than 13 years of age will be asked for their parent’s information, as well. Be sure to put the correct instrument (your band instrument) and Signal Mountain Middle/High School.
5. Once you have created your account, WRITE DOWN YOUR USERNAME AND PASSWORD!
6. Download the free Smart Music software from smartmusic.com (laptop or desktop) or from the app store (for ipad)
7. It will be at least a week from this point before the school is able to purchase our subscriptions.
8. Once Mr. Walker hands out the subscription codes in class go back to smartmusic.com and sign in to your account to redeem your subscription with that code.
9. Once you finish, open up the software you downloaded and sign in using the username and password you created online the week before. Click on “Enroll in Class.” Select the proper class and view your assignments and recommended music.
10. Open a piece of music.
11. Click “Help” and then “Mic Check.” Complete a Mic check to make sure your microphone is sensitive enough to use with Smart Music.
12. If you use an iPad, your internal microphone is built to support Smart Music. If you are using a laptop or desktop, your microphone may or may not be compatible. If it is not, you will need to purchase the $19.95 microphone on Smart Music’s website.
13. Play as much music as you want and have fun!
14. When playing an assignment that I send you, click the “Submit” button to send your best score to me. Only scores that are “submitted,” will be sent to me!